Junior National Team seeks Head Coach for 2017-2020
Application Deadline: August 5th, 2015
Starting Date: December 1st, 2015
Position: Head Coach Junior National Team
Football Canada is accepting applicants for the Head Coach position for a period covering two IFAF U19 World Championships (2018 and 2020). The positions will begin in 2016 at the International Bowl.
The Head Coach will be tasked with recruiting and filling out a coaching staff to a maximum of ten assistant coaches, an athletic therapist and an equipment manager. He will work closely with the Assistant Coaches and Program Coordinator in recruiting and selecting players, to participate in the following events:
Work with current National Team Coaches
- January 2016 International Bowl (Arlington, Texas)
- July 2016 World Junior Championship
Head Coach role effective:
- 2017 International Bowl (Arlington, Texas)
- 2018 International Bowl (Arlington, Texas)
- 2018 Junior World Championship
- 2019 International Bowl (Arlington, Texas)
- 2020 International Bowl (Arlington, Texas)
- 2020 Junior World Championship
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing a positive experience through his leadership of a competitive junior football program that values respect, teamwork and achievement.
- Canadian Citizen.
- Member of Football Canada via their Provincial Association.
- Fully certified NCCP Competition-Development in football and Safe Contact trained.
- Have coached at an elite level (i.e. CFL, CIS, CEGEP, Football Canada Cup, Provincial Championship, or CJFL) preferably as a head coach for at least a five year period.
- Proven record of experience in coaching in events involving American rules (i.e. exhibition games, exchanges, summer camps).
- Provide at least three reference letters including one from their current superior on the team they coach (i.e. University President, Athletic Director, Junior Team President).
- Participate in promotion and fundraising for the team as needed.
Please forward resume with three letters of reference including one from a current superior on the team you coach and a copy of NCCP coach certification care of:
Jean-François Lefebvre, Program Coordinator
Mail: Suite 100-2255 St. Laurent Blvd. * Ottawa, Ontario * K1G 4K3
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This post is also available in: French