Men’s and Women’s National Flag Teams seek General Manager/Head Coach
Application Deadline: December 1, 2018
Positions: Men’s National Flag General Manager/Head Coach
Women’s National Flag General Manager /Head Coach
Football Canada is accepting applications for the positions of both Men’s and Women’s National Flag General Manager/Head Coach.
These positions are four year appointments that cover:
- 2019 and 2021 International Qualifiers
– Qualifications to World Flag Championships – TBD
- 2020 and 2022 World Flag Championships
Furthermore, the successful applicants will be required to develop an identification and recruitment strategy for the National Flag Team which includes an annual commitment for attending the Football Canada Senior National Flag Championships.
During the four year tenure, head coaches will work with the winning team coaching staff on identification, selection and development of the players that will form the rosters of the National Teams. They will also work closely with the High Performance Committee as well as the Football Canada Manager of Development to create a strategic plan to grow the National Flag Programs.
Aside from the event commitments, the successful applicants must foster the values of the organization which includes teamwork, respect and achievement. Through their leadership skills, they must create an environment where promotes a positive experience for the athletes, coaching and support staff.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Membership with Football Canada as well as their Provincial Sport Organization (PSO)
- Preferred previous experience coaching at an elite level (i.e. World/National/Provincial Championship)
- NCCP Certification completion or in-progress training in NCCP Completion Development Context (Safe Contact, Making Headway in Football, Making Ethical Decisions and one of the six multisport modules)
- Experience in a coaching capacity for at least five years
- Experience in flag football is considered and asset
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume with cover letter as well as three letters of reference (including a supervisor/manager of the team of your current position) and a copy of NCCP certification EITHER BY MAIL OR EMAIL to:
Aaron Geisler, Programs Manager
825 Exhibition Way, Suite 205
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This post is also available in: French