Amateur Tackle Rule Book Changes for 2017
A number of changes, clarifications and corrections were approved to the Canadian Amateur Tackle Football Rule Book. The changes are for immediate distribution and implementation. They will be added to the next printed edition of the rule book in May 2018.
The changes include:
- Uniform numbers must be easy to identify
- Teams have until 2020 to fully comply
- Clarification to overtime procedures
- Clarification to deliberate time count violations
- Clarification for times when the whistle is blown inadvertently
- Clarification to the interpretation of intentional grounding
- Clarification to balancing dual penalties, where one of the penalties is non-restricted (e.g. pass interference, unnecessary roughness)
Full details can be found below.
This post is also available in: French