Athletic therapist, 2017 Women’s National Team
Application Deadline: April 12, 2017
Starting Date: June 1, 2017
Position: Athletic therapist / trainer, 2017 Women’s National Team
Football Canada is accepting applications to join Canada’s Women’s National Team support staff as a team athletic therapist (or trainer) for a period covering the 2017 IFAF Women’s World Championship. The event takes place June 24-30 in Langley, British Columbia and marks the first time that Canada will host a tackle football IFAF event.
This is a volunteer position, however, travel, meals and accommodations will be provided by Football Canada.
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing athletic therapy to meet the needs of Canada’s 2017 Women’s National Team, including on-site therapy and first aid services as well as pre-game/practice taping or bracing.
The position is required for:
- Training camp: June 16-22, 2017 (approx.) in British Columbia
- 2017 IFAF Women’s World Championship: June 24-30, 2017 in Langley, BC
- Experience providing athletic therapy to a football team, preferably in a high performance context (e.g. university, junior football, cégep or provincial team)
- Trained or certified in:
- Sport first aid / first responder
- Sport taping
- Certified athletic therapist (CAT)
- Sport Physiotherapist (BSc. PT with a sport diploma)
- Experience providing athletic therapy to a tackle football team
- Experience in women’s sport, preferably women’s tackle football
- Experience providing athletic therapy at a provincial, national or international competition level
- Kinesiology degree (BSc. Kin)
Outline how you meet the above qualifications by submitting a cover letter, resume and letter of reference. The letter must be from a supervisor (e.g. head athletic therapist, head coach, general manager, program president) of a team the applicant has previously served as an athletic therapist or trainer. Apply care of:
Jean-François Lefebvre, Program Coordinator
Mail: Suite 205-825 Exhibition Way * Ottawa, Ontario * K1S 5J3
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This post is also available in: French