CJFL roundup: Rebels & Sun move on to Cullen Cup; PFC regular season wraps-up
BC Conference Playoff Recap
Source: Ryan Watters (@ryan2tswatters)
Westshore Rebels 34
VI Raiders 29
For the first time since 2004 the Westshiore Rebels will compete for the BC Conference Cullen Cup after a thrilling five point win over their Island rivals the VI Raiders. The Rebels scored the game winning touchdown on a Jamel Lyles run with just 23 seconds left in regulation. Lyles was outstanding with 25 carries and a game high 198 yards and the game winning score. Quarterback Ashton MacKinnon completed just five passes but rushed 13 times for 79 yards and a pair of majors.
Lyles set the tone early by returning the opening kick-off 103 yards for a touchdown.
Okanagan Sun 26 (OT)
Langley Rams 23
A 34 yard field goal off the boot of Sun kicker Kealey Heintz in overtime propels the Sun into their third consecutive CJFL Canadian Bowl BC Conference Cullen Cup game.
It was a game of two halves. The Sun winning the first half 20-6 on the strength of a touchdown run by Lliam Wishart and a 75 yard touchdown bomb to Shamar Donelson.
PFC Summary – Week 10
Saskatoon Hilltops 44
Winnipeg Rifles 14
The Saskatoon Hilltops have clinched first place and home field advantage throughout the CJFL Canadian Bowl Championship Series after the 30 point victory in Winnipeg. Quarterback Jared Andreychuk completed just six passes for 121 but two of them were for touchdowns finding Jason Price and Ryan Turple. Price finished with 134 yards.
Edmonton Huskies 51
Calgary Colts 35
The Huskies win their fifth straight game collecting 505 yards of total offence on the stingiest defence in the Conference. Quarterback Brad Launhardt was 21 of 36 for 309 yards and threw three touchdowns to Darian Grymaloski who finished with 149 yards. Running back Jimmie Airey had a big game with 138 yards and a touchdown on 11 carries.
Regina Thunder 69
Edmonton Wildcats 18
The Thunder collected an incredible 803 yards of total offence in their blowout victory in Edmonton. That total is second most in PFC history. Quarterback Brock Sich was 20 of 28 for 352 yards and threw five touchdowns while Chris Campbell completed nine passes for 212 yards and a score. Both Levi Paul and Kristopher Calcutt each caught two touchdown passes.
Saturday October 15
- BC Conference Semi-final 1 – #1 Westshore Rebels (34) def. #4 VI Raiders (29)
- Calgary Colts (35) – Edmonton Huskies (51)
Sunday October 16
- BC Conference Semi-final 2 – #2 Okanagan Sun (26) def. #3 Langley Rams (23)
- Saskatoon Hilltops (44) – Winnipeg Rifles (14)
- Regina Thunder (69) – Edmonton Wildcats (18)
Sunday October 23
- PFC Semi-final 1 – Edmonton Huskies @ Calgary Colts – McMahon Stadium – 1 pm MT
- PFC Semi-final 2 – Regina Thunder @ Saskatoon Hilltops – Date/Time/Location TBD
Saturday October 29
- BCFC Conference Championship – Okanagan Sun @ Westshore Rebels – Westhills Stadium – 7 PM PT
- 2016 Canadian Bowl (CJFL national championship) – Winner PFC @ Winner BCFC – 1 PM PT