Equipment Manager, 2017 Women’s National Team
Application deadline: April 12, 2017
Primary Purpose: To provide equipment support to the athletes, coaches and team staff on Canada’s Women’s National Team at the IFAF Women’s World Championship, taking place from June 17 to July 1, 2017 in Langley, BC.
Athlete safety is the number one priority for the equipment manager. Key responsibilities include ensuring all athletes are properly fitted, ensuring the team has the equipment required for games and practices, laundry, repairs and working closely with the other members of the team.
Please note that this is a volunteer position – travel, meals and accommodations will be provided by Football Canada.
- Reporting to Football Canada and Team Chef de mission (CDM)
- Prior to the tournament work with Football Canada and CDM :
- To determine equipment needs of each athlete and prepare properly
- Determine packing list of equipment and supplies needed and where it will come from
- Create locker tags for each athlete and staff to be used during tournament
- During tournament:
- Ensure all athletes are properly fitted with equipment as well as practice and game uniforms
- Make repairs to equipment and uniforms as needed
- Work with training staff to ensure water is readily available at all games and practices
- Ensure all athletes have complete uniforms for game day, including helmets that are cleaned and decaled
- Collect and do laundry after each game and as needed for practice gear throughout tournament
- At practice, assist coaches as needed and ensure they have the field equipment and footballs needed and is available; ensure it is all put away following practice
- Participate fully as a member of the staff and help out wherever needed
- If possible, lay out locker room with game uniforms prior to team arrival
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 years experience working with a football team as an equipment manager; Experience with post-secondary, provincial or national teams an asset
- Must be hardworking, energetic and positive
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able to work independently and be a team player
Outline how you meet the above qualifications by submitting a cover letter, resume and letter of reference. The letter must be from a supervisor (e.g. head coach, general manager, team or program’s president) of a team the applicant has previously served on as an equipment manager.
Apply care of:
Jean-François Lefebvre, Program Coordinator
Mail: Suite 205-825 Exhibition Way * Ottawa, Ontario * K1S 5J3
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This post is also available in: French