Intern, Graphic Design
Established in 1884, Football Canada is the national governing body of amateur football in Canada and a proud member of the International Federation of American Football (IFAF). Working closely with the provincial football associations, we develop programs and resources for players, coaches, officials in the three disciplines of Tackle, Flag and Touch Football. Football Canada’s vision statement is “from playground to stadium” where players can participate in the game of football throughout a lifetime recreationally, competitively and internationally.
Reporting to the communications coordinator, Football Canada is seeking an individual to assist with graphic design. This internship is a non‐paid position and will begin in May of 2017. The graphic design intern will help create content to promote Football Canada’s programs and events including the hosting of the 2017 IFAF Women’s World Championship (in Langley, BC), 2017 Football Canada Cup, U16 East and West Challenges as well as Safe Contact. Projects vary greatly in scope and include producing assets for social media, websites and other mediums. Organization will work closely with incumbent to provide projects and duties that are of interest and provide desired work experience.
This internship will be undertaken at Football Canada’s office at Lansdowne Park in Ottawa (825 Exhibition Way). The intern will be required to bring their own laptop and software related to the position as outlined in the requirements below. Remote work arrangements may be considered for candidates living outside of the national capital region.
Timing and duration
The internship will take place from May through August of 2017. The duration is negotiable. Experience can be in either a full or part-time capacity, depending on the intern’s availability. Some weekends during events may be required.
Core tasks and responsibilities
Graphic design intern will help with the production of visual content consumed by sport and football fans alike on digital platforms. Tasks may include:
- Design image assets to be used on social media platforms
- Create feature images for stories on FootballCanada.com
- Content to support provincial associations initiatives and member events
- Design images for national and international events
- Create assets that may help football community and activate corporate initiatives/sponsorships
- A student who receives college or university credit for the internship
- High functioning knowledge of Adobe products including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Access to laptop with necessary software
- Portfolio showcasing student’s work, preferably available online
- A quick learner with the ability to follow direction
- High attention to detail
- Ability to produce deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for visual design
- Working knowledge of how design transfers to social media and websites
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Passion for sport marketing and sport communications
- Experience as a football player, coach, official or administrator
- Experience with videography, video production or photography
If interested, please send your resume and examples of your work to email@example.com by April 7, 2017. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This post is also available in: French