Football Canada seeking applicants to join its board of directors
Football Canada is seeking interested applicants to join its volunteer Board of Directors. No football experience is required but a passion for the game is considered a strong asset.
The organization is looking for individuals with expertise in:
- Government relations
- Legal expertise
For more information, please consult the application package below:
2019 Positions: 4 vacancies – three directors and one President
Directors shall fulfill all requirements of the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and further, shall be a permanent resident of Canada and of legal age.
Directors of Football Canada commit themselves to ethical, businesslike and lawful conduct, including proper use of authority and decorum when acting as Board members. Accordingly, Directors must be able to represent unconflicted loyalty to the interests of all Football Canada members. This accountability supersedes any conflicting loyalty such as to advocacy or interest groups, and membership on other boards. It also supersedes the personal interest of any Director acting as a consumer of Football Canada’s services, or having a family member who is a consumer of Football Canada services.
Directors will be recruited based upon their demonstrated ability to contribute significantly to the leadership of Football Canada and to fulfill their statutory fiduciary responsibilities. Football Canada is currently seeking expertise in the areas of Finance, Government Relations as well as Legal expertise. The core competencies that ideally will be reflected in the Board as a whole are:
- Commitment and capacity (time, energy, expertise) to fulfill the commitment as a Director
- Knowledge about roles and responsibilities of a Director, Board and Staff
- Experience in formulating policy
- Experience in thinking strategically
- Knowledge about the sport of football
- Ability to identify principal business risks and ensure implementation of appropriate systems to manage those risks
- Knowledge of organizational performance mechanisms and ability to monitor, evaluate and report
- Ethical and values based behavior
- Representative of client population (athlete & coach)
- Other attributes valued by the Board of Directors:
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Legal designation (LL.B)
- Professional qualifications (MD, PhD, MBA, Sport Science)
- Personnel Management (Human Resource Professional designation)
- Media/Marketing/Public Relations contacts/experience
- Fundraising and funding source contacts
- Administration/Management experience
- Government relations/contacts
- Organizational development/Strategic Planning experience
Applications must be received by June 10, 2019.
Please complete the application form, contained within the information package, and submit it to:
Mail: Suite 205 – 825 Exhibition Way Ottawa, Ont. K1S 5J3
This post is also available in: French