Football Canada seeks Events and Membership Services Coordinator
Application Deadline: April 24, 2017
Position: Events and Membership Services Coordinator
Term: May 15 to September 30, 2017
Football Canada is the national governing body of Canadian amateur football, which represents tackle, touch and flag components including players, coaches, officials and administrators.
Through the guidance of the Board of Directors and the National Office, Football Canada’s mission is – to initiate, sustain, and encourage programs, services and activities targeted at all levels, from the novice to the elite, which foster safe and ethical participation in amateur football.
Football Canada is seeking an individual to serve as Events and Membership Services Coordinator. This individual will report to the Executive Director. He/she shall guide and support the efforts of the National Office Staff, Directors/Chairpersons, Committees, and other Volunteers in the fulfillment of their roles and duties.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assist in the coordination of national events and national team logistics including the 2017 IFAF Women’s World Championship (BC) and 2017 Football Canada Cup (Wolfville, NS)
- Coordinate membership services items such as Annual General Meeting, planning meetings and membership database.
- Post-secondary education in business administration, sport management, related field OR combination of equivalent education, training and experience
- works well with others as a team player;
- an effective communicator (written and spoken);
- strong organizational skills;
- experience coordinating events
- computer knowledge in Windows, Microsoft Office (incl. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and Microsoft Outlook;
- ability and willingness to work some extended hours;
- ability and willingness to travel as required;
- a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in administrative or event role;
- ability to fluently communicate in both official languages (English and French) is an asset.
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Expected start date: May 15, 2017.
All responses are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.
You must include the following in your submission:
Three references (including addresses and phone numbers);
Salary Expectations; and
Date of availability to commence employment.
Please mail, e-mail or fax, your submission to:
825 Exhibition Way, Suite 205
This post is also available in: French