Job Opportunity: Technical Director, Football New Brunswick
Job Posting: Technical Director, Football New Brunswick
Football New Brunswick is the Provincial Sport Governing body whose purpose is to initiate, regulate, manage and communicate programs, services and events that promote participation and excellence in amateur football across the Province of New Brunswick. We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Technical Director.
This position will report to the Executive Director for day to day activities and the Board of Directors via the President of Football New Brunswick. The Technical Director shall coordinate, plan, administer and effectively implement the activities associated with coach development (including NCCP certification), player development, high performance programs and official development (with the NBFOA).
Key Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the interpretation and implementation of Football NB’s policies as they relate to Technical Director duties
- Act as the liaise with Head Coaches of Provincial Teams as is relates to coaching and player development.
- Chair the Football NB High Performance Committee in partnership with the Executive Director, ensuring that the High Performance policy is being executed.
- Assess Football NB’s current state as it relates to the Long Term Athlete Development model and develop a strategy along with tools and materials to improve player development.
- Assess NB’s current coaching certification process and how well it is being applied into coaching practices.
- Responsible for meeting Football NB’s expected number of NCCP clinics and Learning Facilitator training courses annually.
- Develop and coordinate football development camps
- Responsible for developing and executing Football New Brunswick’s yearly coaching development and player development plans
- Assist the Executive Director in organizing coaches, trainers, officials, equipment workshops, clinics, seminars, as required.
- Ensure all policies and procedures governing the rules/regulations of Minor Provincial Championships and National Championships are maintained and adhered to.
- Attend all Football New Brunswick related meetings/workshops, including the annual general meeting, planning meetings/workshops, board of director meetings, bi-weekly staff meetings, and committee meetings.
- Assume duties of Executive Director, in the extended absence of the Executive Director.
The selected candidate will have a combination of suitable education and experience to perform the job and ideally shall include the following qualifications:
- Currently a trained NCCP Learning Facilitator or willing to be trained
- Minimum of Introduction to Competition NCCP training or willing to be trained
- University degree preferably in Physical Education/Recreation/Administration OR equivalent knowledge and experience in the field.
- Experience in leadership positions with the ability to lead people successfully to achieve desired goals
- Excellent skills in program design, implementation and management
- Strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and ability to handle matters of confidential and sensitive nature
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written, at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated experiences and understanding of program development and evaluation methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain solid internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated ability to bring people together towards a common goal.
- Experience with a non-profit sport sector and volunteer community is an asset.
- Ability to travel and work flexible work hours
- Knowledge of sport systems and programs in Canada
- Excellent skills in coach/player program design & implementation management
- Excellent skills in budgetary planning & management
- A self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Bilingualism would be an asset, but not necessary
Position Type: Full-time
Please send all applications to:
Football New Brunswick
Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Football New Brunswick would like to thank all who apply. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
This post is also available in: French